Quinte Humane Society
The Quinte Humane Society, a registered charitable organization dependent on public donations, was established in 1970. As an Affiliated Society of the Ontario SPCA, with the mandate to facilitate and provide for the prevention of cruelty to animals and their relief therefrom, our Humane Society offers a wide range of vital services to the community. The following opportunity is available at the centre in Belleville.
Full-time Contract Position – 35 hours per week
Are you a professional who wants make a lasting difference for animals in need?
If yes, we want you to join our dynamic team!!
- Plans and implements special fund-raising initiatives (e.g. walkathon, cage sponsorships).
- Coordinate and Facilitates Donor Programs (annual giving, major gifts, corporate sponsorships).
- Makes presentations to service groups and other local agencies in order to obtain support for the Society.
- Organizes special events to heighten public awareness and to attract donors.
- Develops written applications for funding from local organizations.
- Facilitate relationships with local media and makes regular contact with them to encourage coverage of Society news.
- Donor Database Management.
- Coordinates Marketing and Communications (traditional and social media).
- Grant Applications.
- Develops and maintains appropriate mutually beneficial partnerships with organizations, corporate partners and sponsors (e.g. PetSmart, Pet Valu etc.).
- Assists the Society in attracting and maintaining a volunteer base; overseeing and managing a base of volunteers with specific strengths and attributes supportive of special events.
- Coordinate and ensures a core group of volunteers are dedicated and ever-present to secure funds through local bingo.
- Garners support from the public through public awareness events.
- Organises & Assists in the implementation of Society humane education initiatives.
- Assists with development of the fundraising plan and budget for the shelter.
- Assists with Capital Campaign initiatives and events.
- Follows policies and procedures set out by the Society and reports all incidents to his/her immediate supervisor immediately.
- Works in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations.
- Immediately reports all incidents of injury, property damage, absence of or failure of a protective device and/or equipment to the supervisor immediately.
- In the event of injury, works cooperatively with supervisor to facilitate an early and safe return to work
- May perform other Quinte Humane Society position functions as required.
Qualifications and Professional Attributes:
- Entry level fundraising experience in the animal welfare sector would be an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Experience developing and implementing fundraising initiatives, plans and events in a professional or volunteer capacity.
- Results oriented – appropriately sets a high performance standard and pace.
- Proven ability to cultivate relationships.
- Natural marketing and sales orientation.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers.
- A genuine compassion for animals and passion for the Society’s Mission and role in animal welfare in the community.
- Media experience an asset.
- Post-Secondary education in Fundraising, Marketing and Development and/or volunteer management an asset.
- Must be highly self-motivated and a visionary planner.
- Must be able to work with and through others – a team player.
- Must be flexible to work some weekends and evenings.
- Must have valid “G” driver’s license and own vehicle.
This is a contract position with the possibility for a permanent, full-time position.
If you have a passion for animal welfare, please forward your resume by Dec. 30th 2016 to:
Quinte Humane Society
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Quinte Humane Society, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.